Telling our stories to EWARC* …… working together to improve the pastoral care of interchurch families
The AIF Weekend will be held from the 10th-11th October 2020 at The Hayes Conference Centre, Swanwick, Derbyshire
Our Weekend this year provides a chance for AIF members to hear from, and tell their stories to, members of the *English and Welsh Anglican Roman Catholic Committee (EWARC) which is one of the formal dialogues between the Anglican and Roman Catholic churches at national level. Each EWARC committee sits for five years and in 2017 the outgoing committee recommended that pastoral support of interchurch families be improved. This recommendation has been taken forward by the new committee (of which Doral Hayes is a member) which has accepted an invitation to join us at Swanwick and hear about the reality of our lived experiences of being interchurch families in a range of different circumstances. Do join us for this one-off opportunity to be heard by members of this important body and to influence their thinking.
Our guests from EWARC will include:
- Bishop Christopher Foster, Bishop of Portsmouth and Anglican Co-Chair of EWARC
- Canon Anthony Churchill, Roman Catholic Co-Secretary of EWARC
- Patricia Whitney, Member of the Focolare Community and EWARC
- Fr Stephen Parkinson, Parish Priest in the Diocese of Salford and member of EWARC
- Revd Dr Callan Slipper, National Ecumenical Officer for the Church of England.
The voice of Free Churches is also important in our discussions over the weekend and we will therefore be joined by Rev. Dr Paul Goodliff, Baptist Minister and General Secretary for CTE.
During our time together we will:
- Hear from members of the committee about the work of EWARC.
- Talk with EWARC members in plenary and groups about the pastoral needs of interchurch families.
- Work together on the drafting of an improved “information resource” (web-pages) specifically aimed at helping clergy to improve their pastoral response to interchurch families.
The weekend will also include bible study and, as always, opportunities for joining in worship and prayer, time for fellowship, sharing experiences and learning together. We are delighted that Fr Dominic Robinson SJ, will once again be joining us over the weekend.
Click here for booking information.